The Hacienda Encantada is a family owned, Hacienda style resort located in front of a killer view of the Sea of Cortez. It's a sprawling 30 acre property with much new development underway. Currently the property is split into three sections, which they call "phases". I stayed in Phase 2.
It's a huge property and its walkable but we preferred to take the on-site shuttles everywhere (it was super hot!) Just call the shuttle from your hotel room or after you've finished your meal at one of the hotels restaurants and you're all set.
Hacienda Encantada's All Inclusive Plan
Hacienda Encantada Resort and Spa with Optional All-Inclusive
Many of the visitors to the Hacienda Encantada opt for their popular all inclusive plan but it is optional. The all inclusive plan includes all food and alcohol. You have access to the very solid breakfast buffet, which is the only buffet onsite. Most all inclusive resorts feature many buffet style meals but Hacienda Encantada takes it to the next level, giving their guests a selection of 8 restaurants on site including:
- Las Marias: Serves the breakfast buffet and sandwiches, crepes, Mexican food and more throughout the day.
- La Trajinera: Open for dinner, serves fresh seafood and Bajan cuisine
- El Patio: Provides meal service to the pool area, serving Mexican food, burgers, sammies and more.
- La Pergola: Open for lunch, serving Mexican and American food and pizzas.
- Los Riscos: Open for dinner serving all kinds of grilled meat and seafood, pastas and Mexican food.
- El Eden: Open for dinner, serving tacos and tequila.
- Barolo: This is the only restaurant on-site where a reservation is needed. It features amazing views and Italian-Mediterranean food.
- Il Forno: Open for lunch and dinner, serving modern Italian food.
Cabo San Lucas Marina Restaurants
The really standout feature at the Hacienda Encantada is that the all inclusive plan not only includes all the restaurants listed above, it also includes seven restaurants located downtown at the Cabo San Lucas Marina. There is a free shuttle from the hotel that will drive you to the marina, which is 10 minutes away.
- The Baja Lobster Co: featuring the freshest of seafood and of course, lobster.
- Presto: Featuring Italian classics
- Los Deseos: Traditional Mexican specialties
- Jack's Steak House: A fun pirate themed steakhouse with the juiciest steak ever.
- Imomo: Sushi!
- Golden Legends Sports Bar: A fun atmosphere with tons of tv screens and great bar food.
- Sandwich Factory: Grab a quick sandwich meal or enjoy ice cream, milkshakes or smoothies!
Each of the rooms come with a refrigerator and a fully stocked kitchen with utensils and cooking dishes, pots and pans.
Each phase of the hotel has a pool, there are pools everywhere on the property!
The photo below is from the adults only pool in Phase 3 of the Hacienda Encantada. There are a bunch of pool chairs where you can lounge in the shallow water. The other side of the pool includes a swim up bar. There is also a sushi chef on site making whatever you want to order and a great menu of food and mixed cocktails.
Hacienda Encantada Resort and Spa Timeshare
Upcoming residences under construction. The resort also features timeshare properties, find out more here.
Our first night at the resort, we were treated to a gorgeous four-course meal on the beach. This patio not only makes for a gorgeous and formal dinner, it can be transformed into a idyllic spot for a massage out on the beach (with curtains added for privacy of course)
Views from our beachfront dinner, no filters on this photo, its just real life!
One of the many gorgeous fountains on the property. Love those fish (catfish?) fountains!
Excursions and Activities
Here is a list of activities at the hotel. We were treated to a snorkeling and boating tour with Pez Gato Cabo. It's a super fun trip with plenty of drinks on board, lunch provided, and tons of colorful fish right beneath the surface near the cove that we docked at.
Best transportation from Cabo San Lucas airport to the Hacienda Encantada
The resort provides shuttle service to and from the hotel, just make your reservations online.
Hacienda Encantada Taxi fare back to SJD
It costs about $80 for the taxi fare back to the airport from the hotel, its a 50 minute drive, so you're probably better off just paying for the hotel shuttle.
Hacienda Encantada Cabo San Lucas Map
Click here for a link to a map of the resort's location at the tip of Baja California.