The Skin Concept's - Intense Wrinkle Care Snail Care was my first ever foray into the world of Snail Creams. And..........I'm hooked!
Snails are ok, but I must admit that I am terrified of slugs. Just their cold, slimy body brushing up against my skin - ack!
But dead snails in my cream to be marinated into my face - no problem!
Anything for beauty.
BTW, check out my complete review of Snail Creams - My Top 10 Snail Cream Picks, including eye creams
Since I'm deep into my thirties, I was sold on the promise of Intense Wrinkle Care
List of Ingredients
Sorry my ingredient photo is quite a bit blurry
Macadamia Oil has numerous benefits, it prevents wrinkles and fine lines, moisturizes the skin, lightens scars, prevents acne, softens skin, and balances oily skin.
What DOESN'T Macadamia Nut Oil do?
Snail Secretion Filtrate
Snail Secretion Filtrate is aka Snail Mucin aka Snail Extract. It's known to help with anti-aging and boosts moisturization in the skin. It also makes your skin smoother or softer.
There are many hyped products constantly premiering in the Korean Beauty Scene. Snail Mucin has stuck around as a trusted ingredient because it works!
Here's what the product promises on Amazon
- REDUCE THE APPEARANCE OF WRINKLES: Niacinamide and collagen target and reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles, leaving your skin looking smooth and youthful - for men and women
- BOOST HYDRATION: Snail secretion filtrate and hydrolyzed hyaluronic acid (sodium hyaluronate) boost your skin’s hydration. Macadamia nut oil and shea butter lock in the moisture
- CALM IRRITATED SKIN: Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) flower extract and witch hazel soothe and calm irritated and inflamed skin
- NATURALLY CORRECT UNEVEN COMPLEXION: Erase dark patches, age spots, and scars with a pure, natural formula that contains no parabens, mineral oil, benzophenone, or talc
- CRUELTY FREE BEAUTY: Our products are derived through cruelty free processes (snail secretion occurs naturally when they move) and come with a 100% satisfaction guarantee
So when Korean products promise to whiten your skin, it's not the kind of Michael Jackson lightening of the skin that I previously feared.
Those damn Asians love that light skin!
What whitening means in Korean beauty products is that it lightens scars and dark spots.
In general I like the design of the jar but I think that the neck of the jar is too narrow. I'm only halfway through the lotion but when the lotion starts running out I expect that it'll start be a bit difficult to reach the last of the lotion with my fingers.
The lotion pretty much feels like any other lotion or cream. It's not super slimy like you might imagine snail mucin to be.
Skinconcept's Snail Cream has just the slightest fragrance. Not strong or overpowering at all
So I've been using the snail cream for about three weeks now and I love it! It's currently wintertime and I'm not having any problems with dry or flaky skin.
I also do notice a slight glow and brightness to my skin! Currently, this product is a two thumbs up from me.