We are so excited to announce the creation of National Bucket List Day featured in our new best selling book 30-Day Travel Challenge. We believe that it's so important to create a bucket list in order to start living your best travel life today!
Here’s why it’s important to observe a day of celebration for bucket lists:
WHEREAS solidifying a Bucket List can instill strong work-ethics into younger generations. In the Harvard MBA Business study on goal setting, 3% of the class that had both written goals and a plan, were making ten times as much as the rest of the 97% of the class. Bucket Lists can encourage students to set tangible goals that can lead to bigger work opportunities and stimulate entrepreneurship in our future generations; and
WHEREAS Bucket Lists help stimulate the travel industry since many people add travel destinations and overseas adventures to their lists. LAX is the sixth busiest airport in the world, and the airline industry in total represents 8% of the gross domestic product (2012). By encouraging citizens to create Bucket Lists for travel, this can help keep our city’s travel industry alive and abundant.
WHEREAS Bucket Lists teach people of all ages to set big-picture goals for their lives, allowing citizens to be more present in their day-to-day goals. Bucket lists are also important to bring focus on the joys of relaxation, gratitude for life, and cultural awareness of experiencing local and international travel; and
WHEREAS making Bucket Lists puts citizens in touch with their core values and can add inspiration to their daily lives. It also allows people to address a positive mindset and brings awareness to depression and mental health, stimulating a positive outlook by setting concrete goals to implement and achieve; and
WHEREAS creating bucket lists with family and friends builds stronger relationships and a communal appreciation. Bucket Lists can be themes for community service programs, helping others follow out there dreams similar to Make a Wish Foundation; and
NOW, THEREFORE, BE IT HEREBY PROCLAIMED, May 21st, 2019 be declared:
NATIONAL BUCKET LIST DAY
in the City of Los Angeles, and call upon our citizens to join in this special observance by enjoying all the special events and sites that draw others to visit our community.